Assistant Division Controller
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
This position is primarily responsible for the functional aspects of the monthly financial close, reconciliation process and Sarbanes Oxley controls. The role also will be involved in business analysis and project designed to enhance the profitability of the business units. This position may require significant effort during key schedule dates for month end close, forecasting and budgeting.
- Preparation of month end financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Reporting on results of operations and maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures
- Interaction with persons in all areas of the business, including marketing, operations, sales, maintenance, safety and administration
- Assist in administering the daily accounting functions at various operating locations
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Accounting and a minimum of 3 years of accounting experienced is required
- Proficiency with MS applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Financial and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.