Diesel Truck Technician for Essential Service Provider
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
- Perform maintenance tasks based on driver pre and post trip inspections in a timely manner or as directed by the Maintenance Manager
- Perform Preventative Maintenance Inspections
- Thoroughly identify defects requiring correction, which would affect the availability of the equipment and the safety of the equipment operator
- Make adjustments to brakes, clutches, and other utilities that are part of the vehicle or other equipment
- Make adjustments to hydraulic pressures and other hydraulic components of any equipment
- Perform tire changes and repairs
- Build, rebuild or replace hydraulic components and hoses of any vehicle or stationary equipment
- Operate the grinders and sanders
- Perform accurate Lockout/Tagout procedures
- Perform all job duties in accordance with company safety policies and regulations
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Clean class A, B or C Drivers License
- Minimum of 1 year experience inspecting, trouble-shooting and repairing trucks and stationary equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to become capable of major component repair and rebuilding
- Ability to become capable in the use of diagnostic tools
- Willing to learn how to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Proven commitment to safety
- Positive, team oriented attitude
- Disciplined and committed to hard work
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.