Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for communicating back and forth with drivers to assist with problem resolution while on route for residential, commercial and roll-off lines of business. This position handles incoming service orders, directs drivers, and resolves service issues. Interacts with customers that include customer service, sales, and operational staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and maintain route sheet documentation for pick-ups (scheduled, missed, extra pickups), route completions and driver locations
- Review and enter driver productivity information for all routes
- Assists in determining daily level of driver staffing to provide best mix of responsiveness and productivity
- Ensure completion via the driver check-in process
- Works closely with customer service team to maintain excellent customer service and client satisfaction
- Communicates with drivers and operations supervisory team periodically throughout the day, for updates regarding issues that might have an impact on daily operations
- Report driver performance issues or concerns to operations management for resolution
- Assigns routes and work orders to appropriate drivers throughout the day and for the next day
- Ensures work orders are toggled upon completion
- Ensures same-day service on missed pick-ups by coordinating driver movement in the field
- Records and documents information from drivers and distributes to appropriate departments
- Immediately informs management of any accident or safety/compliance concerns
- Communicates with maintenance/operations department personnel regarding emergency “road services”
- Provide daily updates to customer as required
- Enter and track weights for specific customers based on service performed
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Proficiency with MS applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- High School Diploma, GED and/or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally via e-mail, telephone, and 2-way devices
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner
- Organizational skills for planning, decision-making and executing with excellence
- Excellent verbal/written competencies and overall communication effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and work within a team structure
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact with diverse people
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations is preferred
- Experience in collection or transportation industry a plus
- One year of relevant customer service or operations experience
- Strong Customer Service focus
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Customer driven
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.