Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for facilitating and executing the onsite Resource Management Program This position monitors, operates and manages movement of materials while ensuring a clean, organized facility, respects forklift safety criteria and fulfills production needs.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities:
- Operates forklift while in a fast-paced environment and maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Loads containers utilizing a forklift.
- Performs daily maintenance checks of equipment to ensure efficient operation of equipment.
- Ensures that the facility is kept clean and all materials are properly disposed of.
- Operates forklifts following all company safety regulations.
- Gains knowledge, and uses learned information to identify and assists with continuous improvements.
- Communicates operational issues to the appropriate parties
- Schedules large collection containers to be swapped when full via email
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company and its products and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Patient, team-oriented individual who is dependable, has the ability to multitask, is able to communicate well, focused on delivering excellent customer service, and is open to personal and professional training and development.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent listening, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed person
- Dedication to safety
- Proven work commitment
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative environment
- Forklift experience
- High School Education or GED
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- Must be 18 years of age
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.