Industrial Billing Specialist
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Industrial Billing Specialist will perform a variety of routine and non-routine moderately complex billing functions to ensure the proper preparation of accurate and timely bills to customers based on service contract terms and is responsible for related activities. This role typically entails responsibility for customer accounts with complex billing arrangements due to contractual requirements.
- Obtains an understanding of the Casella Resource Solutions (CRS) group’s operations.
- Understands the software systems involved in the billing of CRS accounts.
- Maintain monthly invoicing for all CRS assigned accounts- will involve either Commercial/Retail and Industrial account types.
- Understand and be able to complete the Auto Charge function of monthly billing.
- Understand and be able to run billing cycles in the software systems involved in billing CRS accounts.
- Audit weight tickets for current month prior to month end close to ensure accurate billing.
- Understand correct procedure for processing sales adjustments for assigned accounts in Softpak/Core.
- Maintain customized monthly reporting requirements for customers specific to their needs. These reports can involve multiple locations per report, consolidated reporting, multiple graphs, pivot tables, green sheets, diversion summaries with complicated formatting and formulas. Mid to high level understanding of Excel is needed to complete these.
- Complete the end of month customer by customer P & L spreadsheet after billing completion at month end if assigned industrial accounts.
- Reconcile rebate accounts associated with assigned customers/vendors monthly.
- Assist Collection department with collection and billing questions regarding assigned accounts.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices for assigned accounts if industrial- done monthly as invoices arrive.
- Increase efficiency and value to our billing process.
- Assist the Finance team with special project assignments that come up throughout the year.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience is required
- BA in Accounting or Finance related field is preferred
- 2-4 years Accounting or related experience
- Billing experience
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and formal presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Can work with specific timelines
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Customer service mindset
- Open to personal and professional training and development
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.