Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Maintenance Manager will prioritize and execute tasks while managing all fleet and maintenance activities. Responsible for oversight of employees, assets, budgets, vendors, suppliers, contractors in a maintenance setting. Must be able to understand service-related issues, maintain high standards in maintenance and ensure all safety standards are being upheld.
Key Accountabilities :
- Manage all activities related to vehicle, facility, and container maintenance and repair
- Manage the Preventive Maintenance Program to ensure all PMs are completed on schedule
- Ensure full OSHA and DOT Compliance for equipment and facility maintenance
- Understand, maintain, and implement proper safety procedures. Ensure divisions have established and maintain the safety parameters as defined in the Casella Waste Systems Safety Policy and Procedure Manual
- Manage relationships with selected key suppliers
- Maintain an accurate equipment and parts inventory
- Work in an ethical and honorable fashion to constantly keep the Core Values of Casella Waste Systems at the forefront of everyday activities
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- TMW Asset Management application and software
- PM programs and procedures
- Truck variable costs, spending and reductions
- Strong communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Understanding of safety rules and procedures and ability to instill safe work practices
- Record keeping and proper regulatory reporting
- Strong knowledge of DOT and OSHA compliance
- Strong work ethic
- Positive, reliable, trustworthy, and team oriented attitude
- Open to personal and professional training and development
- Demonstrates initiative and is a self-starter
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.