Regional Sales Manager
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Regional Sales Manager maintains and generates profitable revenue by supporting a team of territory sales representatives and commercial services representatives. This position works in close collaboration with regional, division, and sustainable growth teams supporting sales strategy, training, CRM uptake, and commission planning.
- Support the General Managers and Regional Teams in the development and execution of Sales and Marketing Plans
- Ensure the sales team is achieving new business goals, price increase targets and maintaining retention activities for existing customers in accordance with regional and market sales plans
- Support revenue generation, customer acquisition and retention across all lines of business in close collaboration with Market Area Managers, General Managers and Regional Management Teams
- Support sales team’s books of business and commission plans in partnership with Market Area Managers and General Managers
- Coach and mentor the sales and commercial service rep team on all aspects of selling and customer service
- Be actively involved in the development of training needs and curriculum for the sales team
- Oversee use and uptake of the CRM by all sales team members to drive performance, pipelines and productivity; identify training and technology development needs in collaboration with SVP sustainable growth; ensure 100% usage by all sales team members.
- Oversee roll-out and management of commercial service / inside selling capabilities at all regional hauling divisions in order to expedite and enhance commercial customer service needs and requirements. Manage all training and technology requirements with support of CCC, IT, and SG.
- Ensure close collaboration with Resource Solutions teams to ensure cross selling of all lines of business and successful execution of major accounts, industrial, institutional, and municipal strategies at the regional level. Leverage company resources in support of regional sales strategies including, but not limited to, marketing, community engagement, and sustainability resources.
- Ensure close collaboration with the Customer Care and Shared Service Centers on all aspects of continuous improvement opportunities
- Instill a Customer-Centric mindset within the Region that will differentiate Casella from its competitors
- When service failures occur, assist in ensuring we “Wow” our customers with the speed, sincerity and accuracy with which we respond
- Support operational goals by identifying all service optimization opportunities across our commercial customer base
- Utilize company information technology systems to maximize and monitor and report sales performance: including Microsoft Dynamic 365 CRM, Power BI, Customer Profitability Analytics, Longview, ADP, Soft-Pak, etc.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing along with ten years of experience is preferred
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or equivalent project management experience.
- Demonstrated sales management and training experience
- Ability and desire to be self-directed, driven and willing to take the initiative
- Ability to review and measure daily productivity using the CRM to increase efficiencies is required
- Strong verbal, written and computer skills
- Problem-solving skills are required
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, team-oriented attitude
- Good business sense and sales acumen
- Strong work ethic
- Customer service mindset
- Open to personal and professional training and development
- Continuous improvement mindset
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.