Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
Summary of Position:
The Telecommunications Specialist will assist in planning, developing, and implementing the Company’s telecommunications infrastructure including installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing network and telephony systems. This individual will also analyze and resolve telecommunications circuit issues in a timely and accurate fashion by working with carriers and third party technicians in order to support end user needs.
- Manage and administer the telecommunications infrastructure and its associated software, including Cisco CUCM, CUCN, IM&P and UCCX.
- Manage and administer WAN and LAN routers and switches.
- Work directly with multiple telecommunication carriers on trouble tickets and new services.
- Diagnose, schedule, dispatch, and work with third party technicians on repairs and new installations.
- Interact with technical staff to ensure the safe and proper installation of cabling, wiring, and other electrical hardware.
- Manage all POTS lines, MPLS circuits, PRI circuits, and SIP-trunks Company wide.
- Manage all secondary internet circuits such as DSL or cable modems.
- Be the escalation point for the Help Desk on issues related to telecommunications.
- Design and oversee telecommunications projects with a goal to improving or expanding the current infrastructure.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and training plans for telecommunication systems administration and appropriate use.
- Assess the need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant), make recommendations and execute them as approved.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols and standards in support of telecommunications equipment procurement and development efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure communications products and services in a timely and professional manner.
- Administer add, move, and change requests from end users as well as new line installations as required.
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for telecommunications traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telecommunications systems.
- Generate telecommunications usage and inventory reports as required.
- Conduct testing and development of disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup systems.
- Provide on-call technical support.
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in a related field and/or 1-3 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in CompTia or Cisco are preferred.
- Working technical knowledge of basic networking, POTS lines, RCF lines, SIP, DSL services, Cables services, Cellular Wireless services, T1, PRI, VPN technologies, MPLS technologies, and SD-WAN.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of the installation, implementation and maintenance of telecommunications equipment and voice/data equipment including Cisco Unified Communications and Cisco routers and switches.
- Working technical knowledge of current telecommunications practices, protocols, and principles.
- Ability to research, prepare, and present cost estimates, budget reports, capacity forecasting, and systems upgrade recommendations.
- Hands-on experience designing, installing, and troubleshooting cabling and wiring systems.
- Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
- Strong interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into telecommunications issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Travel required to support of All Casella business offices on an as-needed basis.
Organized, customer-focused individual who has the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information and is consistent, able to manage time well, responsible, proactive and is able to communicate well with others.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.